Wednesday, November 24, 2010

TIME WITH GREAT FRIENDS

Headed up to Cadillac Tuesday! We like to call it Caddy!
I went there to spend some time with some great friends. Friends from High School and made some new friends. It sure is fun spending time with friends from old and new. What a great gift to us to have friends and family to make wonderful memories.
The 'Spoonies' are the girls that I played ball with in HS. We were awesome and probably still are! Teamwork was what we did!
We were all getting together before Thanksgiving to watch the Drinking Team bowl, celebrate Sherry's birthday and to just have fun hanging out with each other.
You know you have great friends when you might not see them for a period of time and when you get back together it is like there wasn't any time missed.

This is Janny! She is looking like she is up to something!

This is Janny and Ma Spoon!
Annie and Jannie 'Spoon'


Sherry is the Birthday girl.
She is kinda like Malcolm--IN THE MIDDLE!
Sherry is Awesome! She is so fun and bubbly! Never a dull moment with her around either.
It is great getting to know you Sherry!
Getting ready to blow out all the candles!

Sherry and Sandy

Woot! Woot! Woot!

Sandy and I

Friends for a lifetime!

There will always be changes in our lives.

The lifetime of changes, will not change the lifetime of friendship!

Commitment-Dedication-Devotion-Respect-Caring-Compassion-Giving-Love

This is the whole gang!

We had so much fun!

I enjoyed spending time with my Spoonie Family and getting to know new people.

Philippians 1:3--Thank my God every time I remember you.

Ever wonder what has happened to someone you knew very well? What have they been up to for days, months or years? Where has life taken them?

Stop and take time to reconnect if you can. There is so much that life has to offer and friendship is a treasure sent from God. He did not want us to be lonely. He provided people here for us to enjoy life. Sure there may be struggles in life, but is is not anything that we cannot handle! There may be people that we can't "handle" but there are those great friends that were meant to be in our lives. There is a reason that someone has came into our lives. Whether it be but a moment or a lifetime!

John 15:12,13,17-- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13-Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 17-This is my command: Love each other.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like you had a good time again! Now I'm thinking I need to arrange a gathering of some of my old friends too. :)

Shelly said...

I did have a great time! Yes, you should arrange a gathering with some old friends. You won't regret it!