Friday, February 4, 2011

Isaiah 40:31


Isaiah 40:31 But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


That was Randy's favorite verse. Randy was my first husband and he passed away from Lou Gehrig's Disease in 2003. Today it has been 8 years exactly. He is missed and we will always remember him.


So, I thought it was kind of ironic that my husband Tom calls me to tell me there are eagles flying around the channel in Grand Haven today. So, I grabbed my camera and went out there to take a few shots. The wind sure was cold on the hands, but I ended up getting a few. You can see some on my photo blog or on facebook.


I am only going to post one here in honor of Randy today. I am thankful to have had a life with Randy and to have two beautiful kids with him. I am thankful that there is a Father in Heaven that is full of grace and mercy.
We don't always know the road that is ahead of us, but after we have been down the road a ways, we tend to understand why God brought us the way we came and look forward to the way that we are going.
I also want to thank my husband Tom for being understanding and for the life that we have together now.
God bless everyone!

6 comments:

Aspiring Mom2three said...

Wow! What a day it has been for you. What a blessing to have the time you did with Randy, but to also have Tom who knows what a hard day it would be to call you about the eagles. Beautiful picture! I've never seen them in the wild before. Made me tear up thinking of you today.

Mari said...

Hard to believe it's been 8 years! I love that the eagles came today, although I'm still bummed that I missed them.
I'm glad you had the time God gave you with Randy and that He blessed you with Amanda and Shawn. I'm really glad you have Tom, Mitch and Mason added to your life now.

ACS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ACS said...

Very nice, well put

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Shelly, what a tender post. My husband would have LOVED to watch those bald eagles. We saw one in Tennessee this fall and he was over the moon. What a great picture!

Carol said...

A beautiful photo to celebrate the beautiful husband that you had. And how God has blessed you again with Tom and two more wonderful children.
As you say, no one knows what pathway the Lord has for us - but it helps to know that He will never nor foresake us.

I have just this week, bought a teaching on the Eagle taken from this same bible verse! There are two cd's - Learning to Soar and Come Up Higher and the teaching compares our Christian life to that of an eagle. It's very interesting.

Bless you for sharing.