Thursday, February 21, 2008

WORK

Hi, just wanted to tell you how my day at work went. First off, I work in a nursing rehab facility in Wyoming, Michigan right now. I am only on call, so I usually pick up when they need me to work if I am not previously doing anything. I have been working as a Therapy Tech for the last four years. I was getting a couple people down that I needed to see for physical therapy and there was this adorable elderly lady. She was SOOOOOO CUTE! I asked her if she wanted to go down to therapy and get some exercise and she said, "No, my legs are too tired." Well, then I proceeded to tell her we should go for a little ride in her wheelchair. She liked that and we got to the therapy room and she liked the room and the sun was shining bright in there. Well, this cute little lady was slightly confused. I asked her if she would extend her leg for me and she just didn't understand or want to. So, then I tried to give her my hand to kick so she would see and understand better, then she only did one rep. Well, then in my crazy little head I got the idea that she should kick my butt. I said to her, (will not give name-but it is a neat one), -----if I squat down so you can kick my butt, will you do it? She said, "YES" and proceeded to giggle with a big smile. So, I squatted down and she tried to reach my bottom and everyone around us started to laugh. All the patients thought that was funny. Those are the situations that makes one's day a happy one. Just one little special moment, smile, or saying can make someones day.
I get such a joy out of taking care of people and being able to make them laugh or just to help them when they cannot help themselves. That gives me great joy!

In two months I am taking my Certified Nurse Aide training again, because it has been four years since I have had that. I never renewed or knew that I had to tell the state that I changed my address or name so never got anything forwarded to me. So, now I have to take the class over. When I am finished, I am going to go back to work with my friends in Allendale. That will be a lot closer to home too. I won't like the fact that I have to work weekends and some holidays again, but, it is something I want to do. I don't mind being home and doing things here, but sometimes I just want to get out of the house. Plus, the best way to do that is to go take care of people. That makes me happy too.

No comments: