Friday, October 15, 2010

On My Little Drive

What is wrong with this sign? Last time I checked----those were NOT considered Tomatoes!
While on my drive I noticed this sign and thought that it was funny and had to stop and take a picture of it. I actually sent it to Ellen to see if she would post on her "what's wrong with this picture" thingy! We will see if she actually uses it or not. Hope it is when I actually catch the show. Or, I could just check out her website.
I love this photo!
Reminds me of a nice country drive down a lonely road.

These pumpkins have been sitting here for a while and the boxes are ready to be filled.

Pumpkin Patch

Soy Beans
When I was leaving the house to go for a ride, this blue Heron was standing in our pond. So, I thought to myself that I would stop my vehicle and get out and take a picture. Kinda funny, I was walking very quietly to sneak up on it.
As you see, when I was almost there, it decided to take off in flight.Such a pretty color of blue. Every time that I see one of these birds, I think of a friend who likes to call them Teradactyls. Cracks me up!

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a pretty drive. You got some really great shots!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures of fall around here, we are blessed. I think I know that person who calls the Blue Herons Teradactyls, she is funny..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!! My husband calls those birds the same thing, how funny!! Love your site, great minds think a like. . .:)

Jane said...

Hi Shelly,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words. I read your bio so I know you understand what we are going through.
The recent ALS Walk was such a positive experience for us. It really made us realize how many wonderful people are supporting us.
I looked through some of your recent posts....you have a beautiful family.
Jane