Tuesday, April 1, 2008

IN MEMORY

"

Hello there. I just wanted to say a few things that have been on my mind lately. Sometimes my mind just randomly goes to thinking about Randy. You see, I have two children from him and they remind me of him also. But, as Amanda and Shawn get older I think of things. Amanda is going to graduate next year and I think of how proud her Dad would have been if he was here. All the milestones in their lives he is not here. The fact that Amanda and Shawn have to live life without their father. The songs that come to mind are To Where You Are by Josh Groban, I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me (those two I had at the funeral) and I like Homesick by Mercy Me also. Randy does not have to imagine what Heaven is like-he is there!

I pray that my children know that I did love their Dad and I am sorry for the way things had to turn out for them. I also want them to know that life does continue on and that we do grow from every situation or pathway in our lives. Everything is a growing experience. God is always in control and He is always by our side-as long as we let Him be there. I know that my children accepted Christ as their personal Saviour but my hope is that they will continue to follow Him. And to know that there is a "better place" that we are heading to. We don't always understand why things happen but there is a reason and we will find out someday.

In Christ there are no Goodbye's. In Christ there is NO End. So, close your eyes and see God's face and put your sight on home (our heavenly home).

God takes us down certain roads or pathways and the ones we have traveled have been difficult at times. We all love our life and the way that it is. God has brought two more kids/step-brothers (Mitch and Mason)and a wonderful husband/step-dad (Tom) into our lives and we are looking forward to what is to come.

10 comments:

Cheri said...

I can't imagine going through what you did. I'm so happy that God has brought such blessings to you.

Mari said...

Alright Shelly - you have me all teary now! I think of Randy too. When I saw Shawn again the other day, I thought of how Randy used to wheel him around on his lap in his wheelchair and how he would laugh! Randy left us with good memories and I like to think of him in heaven - in perfect health. I bet they hear that crazy laugh of his a lot! I'm also glad God has taken care of you all and brought Tom, Mitch and Mason into your lives.

Shelly said...

I am glad too. I know that he is perfectly healthy. To be free of disease is awesome. I have never ever regretted any part of my life as that is who I am today.

Unknown said...

Oh shelly we all have memories that bring us to tears at times, Randy was very special to many of us in his last months on earth. This is a great tribute to his memory. I have a scripture for you
Romans 5:3-4 "And not only this,but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance, perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;" The growing process in not easy... Keep Lookin Up :)

Shelly said...

Thanks Nancy, that is a good verse, I usually do always look up. Well, I kinda look to where my feet are going and pretty much eye level. Sometimes I look up. LOL

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Shelly,

Very well said...what a blessing to be able to remember and celebrate a life well lived and the beautiful blessings (your children) past, present, and future.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Shelly you are a mighty woman of God!
Blessed with great memories and a new life:)One day at a time my friend.
(((hugs)))
Deb

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. You have a great way with words. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope your new life is filled with happiness.

Anonymous said...

Wow. One of the amazing things that I see in you Shelly is your ability to touch others! Good for you that you've taken a very dark season of your life, managed to live through it and share with others. God is using you in a mighty way! That is how God wants us to run our race, with boldness and trust in Him to get us through. Well done - I'm so proud of you! K. Ruth

Shelly said...

Thank you Karen. Love ya!