Sunday, January 30, 2011

What Is Your Purpose?

What is your purpose? Have you ever thought about what YOUR purpose in life is? I have. We had an awesome message in church today that brought this question up. There was a little video that was shown interviewing people out in the city. The interviewer would ask several people what their purpose was. Some of the people did not have an answer and some did. Some of the answers were to have fun, be there for their family and friends, party it up, live every day in the present, plan for their financial future, etc. Some of these answers are still nice answers. We do need to be kind and courteous and love one another as Christ has loved us.

One question in church was-"what do the people in the video have in common with the man who shot the people in Tucson several weeks ago"? The answer: They don't have a purpose for their life!

God has chosen for Himself a "people" who will live to glorify and enjoy Him, as they live to tell the world who He is!

Genesis 12, 15, 17

Some people might go to church just to go, some might go to worship their heavenly Father, some might think that there are a bunch of hypocrites in church and that might keep them from going. What is the "True Church"? The true church are those that have put their trust in God as their personal Saviour.

I want to live every day to its fullest, be there for my family and friends, show love to one another and hopefully plan for a better future. BUT, the ultimate reason we have purpose is that we have a Christ who gave us the gift of salvation. We have a choice to make. I have made that choice when I was 18 years old. I had some great friends show me the way to a better life. A richer and fuller life. There is not a great life than that with our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for these friends of mine that helped me. Now, because of them and their purpose in life is why I will be spending eternity in heaven instead of burning in Hell. How many of you have made the choice to have Christ in your life? Are you living life with the purpose to fulfill what God wants you to do or has planned for you? What kind of talent or talents, gifts has God given you to share with others?

The basic purpose in life is to accept Christ as your personal Saviour and to live life according to the way that Christ would want you to live.

So my friends, I wish you the best in life and may you have a life of knowing that someday you will have eternity in heaven with our lovingly Father. Let the Spirit of God work in you fulfilling His purpose IN us and THROUGH us.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I was working today, but Bob told me it was a really good message. Thanks for sharing it here.

Unknown said...

You said it all my friend!!! No better purpose than knowing the Lord and living for Him!!!